Dear readers of Gothic persuasion and those who are not… please join me in a short celebration of Goth.
So, what is Goth?
Is it music, vampires, architecture, art, Mary Shelley, Bram Stoker and Daphne du Maurier? Is it black clothes, black eyeliner and black painted fingernails? Is it the movie The Crow? Is it Emily the Strange? Is it all of these? Can one feel a bit Goth even if one does not claim to have any Goth sensibilities? Can one feel Goth if one has recently had a third-dose booster vaccination against Covid-19 and is since suffering from exhaustion, brain-fog, stomach cramps and is unable to write a coherent Six Sentence Story?
The following is my entry for this week’s Six Sentence Story, which I have lovingly and romantically entered into the WordPress system having translated it from its original blood-soaked, bat-in-the-belfry ancient scrawl as noted in my little Black Bloody Diary of Gothness.
I’m So Goth This Week That…
- I’m so Goth this week that when I had my third vaccine booster Covid jab (to include a previous Covid infection recovery) I immediately turned into a bat.
- I’m so Goth this week that I purchased four black cats from Amazon called: Lucretia, Lilliania, Morpheus and Alice.
- I’m so Goth this week that my youngest son changed his name legally to Edgar Allan Poe.
- I’m so Goth this week that my medical uniform whites turned black and my patients at work started listening to Bauhaus and Siouxsie and the Banshees.
- I’m so Goth this week that my tiny apartment in the south of France turned into a sixteenth century decaying castle set on top of a forested mountain near a lake visited nightly by phantoms.
- I’m so Goth this week that my freshly-pressed healthy morning orange juice drink keeps turning itself into a Bloody Mary made by Batman.
In other news…
Soon it will be spring?
Ah, shall we delight thee with art and prose from the spellbooks of an ancient time, blown free of their dust, their pages opened to the season of renewal in our current clime?
I’m So Goth This Week That… by Ford, 15 January, 2022.
I’m So Goth This Week That… artwork (Gothic Crow) digital render by Ford, RuDALLe and LunaPic